Subject: Re: ncr0 on NetBSD/i386 AMD P133 Symbios Atlas UltraWide
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1997 23:09:54

    Davyd> Yup, looks like you have been bitten by the old NCR
    Davyd> bug. This is what I get with my machine on any kernel after
    Davyd> about December. I am still running a 1.2BETA kernel and

  Hmm. Interesting. I have never seen this problem.
  I used to come down in the morning to find the machine in DDB at a
vmfault. This has gone away a bit, partly after configuring apm out.

    Davyd> something on this a while back - do I have to upgrade any
    Davyd> userland stuff before I can get a new kernel running? If I
    Davyd> do, will I still be able to boot the old kernel?

  Other than make, nothing now.

    Davyd> To try and get around this, I am trying to make a set of
    Davyd> floppies with the latest stuff on it but I am running out
    Davyd> of space on the inst floppy image - any ideas? Is it as

  With the include from src dirs now, and Perry's SSTO, it should be
pretty easy to do this.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network security programming, currently
   Michael Richardson |     with DataFellows F-Secure IPSec
 WWW: PGP key available.

Version: 2.6.3ia
Charset: latin1