Subject: Re: Compiling the kernel
To: A.M.Fowler <ac4047@qmw.ac.uk>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1997 06:44:35
On Thu, 29 May 1997, A.M.Fowler wrote:

> I've got a question about compiling kernels as well
>
> I've downloaded all of the May 10th source files and installed
> all but gnu.tar.gz
>
> I've compiled up config from that source, and installed it over the old
> copy.
>
> Then I went into the arch/mac68k/conf directory and copied the GENERIC
> file another.  I commented out a few things I didn't need and made
> the source m68040 specific.
>
> then running config HASTUR makes the compile/HASTUR directory like the
> howto says.
>
> running make depend;make works fine until the last point.

So far, so good.

> Then I get a link error linking netbsd
>
> Somplains about missing structures or something, something to do with
                                        ^^^^^^^^^
> sun compat or something.
                ^^^^^^^^^

These "something's" are very important - we can't help figure out your
problem without knowing the detailed error messages.

> looks to me like an object file is missing but I can't be sure.

Neither can we, with the little detail you've given.  :)

> any help is apreciated.
>
> adrian

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |