Subject: Re: Compiling the kernel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A.M.Fowler <ac4047@qmw.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1997 14:35:27
I've got a question about compiling kernels as well

I've downloaded all of the May 10th source files and installed
all but gnu.tar.gz

I've compiled up config from that source, and installed it over the old
copy.

Then I went into the arch/mac68k/conf directory and copied the GENERIC
file another.  I commented out a few things I didn't need and made
the source m68040 specific.

then running config HASTUR makes the compile/HASTUR directory like the
howto says.

running make depend;make works fine until the last point.

Then I get a link error linking netbsd

Somplains about missing structures or something, something to do with
sun compat or something.

looks to me like an object file is missing but I can't be sure.

any help is apreciated.

adrian