Subject: Re: Style guide
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1997 20:01:07
D'Arcy J.M. Cain sez:
/*
 * you are searching for an alternate term, I suggest "ANSI proponents"
 * unless your goal is to argue by emotionally charging your terms.

YES!  Thank you!  No, I do not seek emotional charging; that's a
straw-man tactic; I have attempted to provide some real views on some
real issues here.  Thanks for the pointer.

 *
 * > This has gone beyond religious into overstepping the bounds of
 * > practicality.  You don't seriously expect every bit of useful code
 * > to be ANSIfied overnight, now, do you?
 *
 * No I do not.  Have I suggested this?  Has anyone?  I have seen exactly
 * the opposite stand; just change files slowly.  Both styles can coexist
 * under C89 in the same source tree.

Well, I have seen some stuff go thru here recently which is tantamount
to what I remarked.

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Theorem #1:  There are several ways to create a quantum black hole.
    - Butter a piece of bread and tie it, buttered side up, to a cat's back.