Subject: Re: Style guide
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <email@example.com>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/28/1997 20:01:07
D'Arcy J.M. Cain sez:
* you are searching for an alternate term, I suggest "ANSI proponents"
* unless your goal is to argue by emotionally charging your terms.
YES! Thank you! No, I do not seek emotional charging; that's a
straw-man tactic; I have attempted to provide some real views on some
real issues here. Thanks for the pointer.
* > This has gone beyond religious into overstepping the bounds of
* > practicality. You don't seriously expect every bit of useful code
* > to be ANSIfied overnight, now, do you?
* No I do not. Have I suggested this? Has anyone? I have seen exactly
* the opposite stand; just change files slowly. Both styles can coexist
* under C89 in the same source tree.
Well, I have seen some stuff go thru here recently which is tantamount
to what I remarked.
Theorem #1: There are several ways to create a quantum black hole.
- Butter a piece of bread and tie it, buttered side up, to a cat's back.
- Launder any number of matched pairs of socks.
- Divide by zero. Someone will disappear. It might be your lucky day.