Subject: Re: Style guide
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1997 18:14:47
> > ...remember, this is NetBSD.  It's not governed by the GPV.  No one said
> > it has to be redistributable in source.  Thus, you don't necessarily
> > need a redistributable compiler.
>
> You mean, a port without a compiler would be considered reasonable by
> people here?
>
> I'm pretty shocked to hear that idea.

One of the points of NetBSD is to create an operating system that
people do not have to distribute the source to.

If somebody wants to do a 'private' port, with a custom compiler, they
should be able to do that without undue hassle.  I'm pretty sure that
at least the former has been done, in the past.

cgd