Subject: Re: email SPAM
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG,>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1997 08:05:25
I've been looking into this a fair amount.

There are several good rulesets on the web pages.  Basically,
here's what you want to do:

1.  You can have a check_mail rule which refuses mail from invalid
domains, and also refuses mail from any number of domains you distrust.

2.  You can have a check_rcpt rule which refuses any mail that comes
from a remote system, and is to a remote system; this prevents spammers
from using your mailer to get around someone else's mailblocks.

Real Soon Now there will be more pointers to this on my web page,
for now, has some good pointers.