Subject: Re: Style guide
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1997 08:56:09
Thus spake Peter Seebach
> But it could also be ours for trying to mix incompatible declarations, and
> *THAT* is the only one we can fix.

Although I obviously want to see all new style ANSI declarations, there
is a fix for this even if we stay with old style.  We can add to our
local style rules that a function may never take a char, a float or
any type that is promotable.  This is a rule I use in my own code even
though I always use ANSI declarations anyway.  It would be necessary
in any case if we want to allow deansification.

Of course, this is only a fix if we follow it whereas having all ANSI
code fixes it regardless.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain                           |  Democracy is three wolves
darcy@{druid.net|vex.net}                  |  and a sheep voting on