Subject: Re: Quotas via NFS
To: Jukka Marin <>
From: Andrew Wheadon <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1997 13:07:41
> Quotas work just fine on my 1.2 systems over NFS.  A guess: Maybe it doesn't
> work for you beause your quota file isn't in the root of the same partition?
> This may not be the reason, but that's one difference between your
> config and mine... :)
Nope unluckily that wasn't it. I tried it with your configuration
(just userquota,groupquota and the quota-files in /home) and it
didn't work.
But it might be another difference. Both i386-arch machines are running
-current as of 10 days ago. Both are running the same kernel and same
binaries. Is nfs-quota working for anybody with -current ?

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc \ "NetBSD-current mirror"
hostbase=/mit/ftp/pub/NetBSD base=/usr prefix=/usr backup delete use-rel-suffix