Subject: Re: popclient 3.0 bug - heads up!
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/1997 06:23:11
On Tue, 27 May 1997, Peter Seebach wrote:

> In case anyone's curious, the official answer is that:
>
> 1.  argv is modifiable.
> 2.  The contents of the strings in argv are modifiable.
> 3.  The pointers in argv are *not* modifiable.

Yep, and that's what they're doing, trying to modify the pointers:

	argv[argc++] = ...

And my patch is to make a new array big enuf to hold what needs to be
added and then store a pointer to that in argv.

I've made the same changes to popclient-3.2 and am sending the changes to
Eric S. Reynolds <esr@thyrsus.com> (the maintainer).

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |