Subject: Re: ncr driver working well with 53c875?
To: Dave Huang <>
From: Marc Slemko <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/1997 21:45:54
I have run both a DC-390U (ultra) and a DC-390F (ultra wide) under FreeBSD
without any real problems.  The U isn't wide, but still uses the 875

Note that the Tekram's BIOS doesn't like disks partitioned using FreeBSD's
dedicated mode and will hang on boot if it sees one.

The only problem I had was when attaching a wide drive to the narrow
controller (390U) , the code kept thinking it could talk over a wide bus
(the chip on the contoller is a 875, which is wide, the drive is wide, but
the connection is narrow) and blew up horribly.  To work around this I
just used the appropriate define to force the NCR driver to only talk