Subject: Re: How to make a server?
To: Dave Sainty <David.Sainty@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/1997 23:01:46
> My modemd was designed primarilly for outgoing connections, yours
> seems more for incoming...

Actually, the feature set of my modemd is along the lines of what you
get from a NetBlazer, plus what you get from getty.   So it actually
does both incoming and outgoing, including allowing you to telnet to a
port (with the full telnet protocol - you don't get line mode) and get
a modem.

My outgoing daemon is actually called mpoold, since it manages one or
more pools of modems.

> I guess modemd is such an obvious name.  Maybe I should rename mine to
> "Modem Explorer Pro". :) :)

It is confusing, but I don't think you've chosen badly - it's just too
bad about the clash.

Anyway, the code is under the BSD copyright, so if you find anything
useful in it, feel free to use it!

			       _MelloN_