Subject: Re: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/1997 09:41:24
I've been more than happy to accept NetBSD's problems for the wins it
offers me.  I have a single source tree for my Amiga, my Sun 3,
and my PC.  (I think my powermac might even run off of this tree, I
haven't tried.)  That source tree supports my old SPARC, too.
In fact, recently, I think the 68k kvm stuff changed, and it appears I
can now share everything but the kernel between my various 68k systems.
NetBSD's problems are fixed faster than the problems in any of the
commercial Unixes I've had to use, even the ones with multi-thousand
dollar annual support contracts.

Yeah, it'd be cool to see the VM system rewrite.  If someone wants
to offer a quote on what it'd cost to do it right, I'll put it on
my list of things to pay for when I strike it rich.  (Y'know, at
this rate, the publisher's clearinghouse sweepstakes *HAS* to give
me $10m eventually.)

-s