Subject: Re: IP masquerade
To: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
From: Urban Boquist <boquist@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/1997 11:01:10
>>>>> Geoff Wing writes:

Geoff> More... interesting?  Given that I haven't really looked at
Geoff> ipnat (or used it), I would assume you could put something like
Geoff> this in /etc/ppp/ip-up;

I believe the assumption was that he wanted ppp *demand dialing*. With
that you need a static IP to do NAT, because the filter rule needs to
be installed even when ppp is not up. Without demand dialing though,
there is no problem doing NAT with dynamic IP, using some method
similar to the one you suggest, I use it myself.

	-- Urban

--
Treasury Cocaine Noriega Mossad spy security $400 million in gold
bullion jihad SEAL Team 6 PLO Serbian Delta Force genetic Panama