Subject: Re: Diskless boot weirdness
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/1997 19:23:15
On Thu, 22 May 1997, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Curt said that NetBSD now boots on machines which do bootp in the
> PROMs, and where doing RARP via the PROM code after booting via bootp
> is problematic. That's true for DECstations too, and long predates
> Powermacs with OpenFirmware.

Actually, what I was trying to say is that there are now workstations
which cannot use RARP from the PROM. The second stage bootstrap
must use bootp. I don't know if that's the case or not with the
DECStations, and at this point I don't really care to know, either. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'