Subject: com problem with -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Boyns <boyns@sdsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/1997 22:43:58
I resurrected an old 386, installed a 16550 (com2) and 3Com 3C509,
installed NetBSD 1.2.1 and started using it as a ppp server.  I then
decided to try -current to fix silo overflow problems.  With -current,
whenever the modem tries to answer, the getty on com2 somehow makes
the send/receive lights go solid and the phone is never answered.
This is with a usr sportster using hardware flow control, which worked
fine under 1.2.1.  With a Supra the phone is answered but it still
can't properly establish a connection.

I see the same behavior on a dell p100 with -current.  Also, when
connected to with tip, the modem does answer successfully.

For now I've reverted to 1.2.1 to get the link going again.  Is anyone
else experiencing this?  Any suggestions?