Subject: Re: NFS
To: None <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@Mentasm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1997 16:29:32
On Tue, 20 May 1997 23:51:44 -0500 (CDT),
Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM> wrote about Re: NFS:
> On Tue, 20 May 1997, Mister Gandalf wrote:
>=20
> > I just compiled the sources I downloaded last night at 3AM EDT and I=
 have a
> > small problem with NFS. [...]  Now
> > when I mount a directory mount returns no error and yet when I do a =
"df" that
> > mount doesn't show up and an "ls" in that dir returns "Permission de=
nied".
>=20
> NFS now uses the prescribed reserved port by default.  Either specify =
the
> appropriate option when mounting (mount=5Fnfs' -P flag, amd's resvport=

> option) or starting mountd on the server (the -n flag).
>=20
> --scott
>=20
>=20
>=20

Many thanks, that worked. Though specifying "-n" in /etc/rc.conf didn't =
work,
I added a -P on the fstab for each entry and that did.

-- Mark.

-*
Mark R. Buechler, Mentasm System Administrator
Mentasm Network Information Services (http://www.Mentasm.com)
System Administrator, The NET Group, Inc. (http://www.TheNETGroup.com)
System Administrator, Zipper.net Email Services (http://www.Zipper.net) =
-