Subject: NFS
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1997 13:46:01
I just compiled the sources I downloaded last night at 3AM EDT and I hav=
e a
small problem with NFS. I have a couple machine I share a directory with=
=2E My
NFS server is the one with the new kernel and the rest have 1.2.1 instal=
Prior to this kernel upgrade (using 1.2B before), NFS mounts worked grea=
t. Now
when I mount a directory mount returns no error and yet when I do a "df"=
mount doesn't show up and an "ls" in that dir returns "Permission denied=
". I
am using the command: "mount -t nfs /mnt/menta=
sm". I
have also tried "mount=5Fnfs /mnt/mentasm" and=
does the same thing.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

-- Mark.

Mark R. Buechler, Mentasm System Administrator
Mentasm Network Information Services (
System Administrator, The NET Group, Inc. (
System Administrator, Email Services ( =