Subject: Re: a thought about FFS parameters & disk performance
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1997 08:43:37
> As a compromise, can we at least make ffs deal with a partial track
> or cylinder at the end?  Right now it complains, and I gather that
> the space which would be in a partial fraction at the end is lost.

The only case in which it complains at present is if the partial
cylinder group at the end of the filesystem is so small that it ends
before what would normally be the end of that cg's inode area.  Except
for that case, I've never had any problem using fractions at the end of
a disk.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca