Subject: Webpage for woftware working under emulation
To: Jukka Marin <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1997 22:06:17
---> Can followups to this please be directed to
     _only_ as (probably) the most appropriate list. Thanks.

> On Mon, May 19, 1997 at 07:57:59PM -0700, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	Is anyone interested in a webpage of 'emulation success storys'?
> > 	Quite possibly with optional links to the people who might be
> > 	able to provide hints for a given package?
> I was (and am) going to do something like that.. anyone willing to sell
> me some time?
> What would be a good format?  Something like:
> Class:		Office program suite (word proc, spreadsheets etc.)
> Product:		Applixware/linux (
> Platform:		i386
> NetBSD versions:	1.2 (needs a patch), 1.2.1, -current
> Requirements:		For real use: 32+ MB RAM, requires 100+ MB of disk,
> 			a pentium system recommended
> Functionality:	100% (everything seems to work ok)
> Notes:		Gets slower when used for long time (reason unknown)
> Reported by:
> Other info:		Needs quite a few linux shared libraries (they all
> 			come with Applixware)

	I would probably go with:

Product:	Netscape navigator
Class:		Web browser
Platform:	sparc
NetBSD versions: 1.2
Emulation:	sunos
Reported by:
Extra setup:	(list of and .so files and any editing needed)
Hardware needed: sparc2 with 24mb to be bearable
Problems:	Leaks memory (like any netscape)

> Is there some cgi program which could be used to add information to the
> database or should we just maintain it manually?

	I can probably come up with something workable if not wonderful
	this weekend - a cgi script to add an entry and another two to
	list the details - one in a one line per entry table (*), and the
	other for an expanded view of an entry.

	I'd be more than happy to host it at though if
	people think its better somewhere else thats cool...