Subject: Re: Documentation/languages...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1997 12:00:12
Peter Seebach wrote:
> Yes, it is.  Or rather, it is very likely.
>
> What does K&R buy you?  There's no way any significant part of NetBSD
> will ever compile on a pre-ansi compiler anyway, and gcc is free and
> widely available.
>
> So far, implicit int is *gone*, and old-style functions have been
> straw-voted out, although the formal proposal has not yet happened.

Would this function header work in C9X ?

int foo(c)
	char c;
{}

So - would it be possible to write code, which compiles
cleanly under any type of compiler ? Prototypes are okay
when using __P, I'm just curious about function definitions.

--
Jaromir Dolecek             	ICS MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200, Czech Rep.
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +42-5-4151 2266