Subject: Re: Documentation/languages...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/1997 23:32:10
Thus spake John F. Woods
> The two main questions I would have are how difficult it would become to host
> a C70 (:-) compilation system on a NetBSD system (how incompatible would
> libraries become from a calling-convention point of view) and whether GCC
> will go C9X and whether it will provide a backward compatibility mode if
> it does.

Have I misunderstood the original poster?  I thought we were just talking
about making the NetBSD sources 100% ANSI, now and for C9X.  I agree that
changing the compiler so that it doesn't accept K&R would be a mistake
but there certainly is nothing wrong with bringing the netBSD sources
themselves up to current specs.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain                           |  Democracy is three wolves
darcy@{druid.net|vex.net}                  |  and a sheep voting on