Subject: Weird behavior on completely -current system...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/1997 11:57:43
I've got a new kernel and all new libraries and binaries.

Problems:

vi dumps core as any normal user
vi loops forever emitting empty /tmp/vi.* files *sometimes* as root.
route rejects any default route with "Invalid argument".

I am unable to figure this out.  This isn't the bcmp/bcopy bug, or at
least, it doesn't look like it.

Also, ps fails, claiming
ps: proc size mismatch (15912 total, 620 chunks)

Despite the fact that everything was built on the same 68k system.

It will boot, I'll give it that much.  gcc seems to work.

Of course, I can't sup until I get past the route problem.

Can anyone suggest where I'd look for

# route add default 192.129.84.23
writing to routing socket: Invalid argument
add net default: gateway 192.129.84.23: Invalid argument

?

I can't find any hint of "Invalid argument" in the route man page, so it's
not officially a possible kind of failure.  What's it mean?  What does
it indicate is wrong?

-s