Subject: Panic: blkfree: freeing free frag
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1997 17:54:58
Hi All,
I'm in the process of upgrading a 1.2/i386 machine to 1.2.1.  While moving
about a gig of data (users home dir's) over, I've gotten the following
panic twice so far.

block 4135
Panic: blkfree: freeing free frag

It then fails to sync the disks, but does do a core dump.  I don't have
debugging symbols compiled into the kernel, so gdb isn't much help.  The
only thing I noticed in gdb is that backtrace gives "cannot access memory
at 0x0".

Anyway, is this most likely a hardware problem or a netbsd bug?  I'm
hoping that it is a bug that is fixed in 1.2.1.  What are the major
changes in 1.2.1 anyway (still can't find a CHANGES file)?

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/