Subject: Re: EIDE -> SCSI adapter
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1997 17:34:10
At 01:34 PM 5/17/97 -0400, John F. Woods wrote:
>> A SCSI controller that controlled one or two IDE drives as LUN's would
>> be worth a lot of money to me.
>
>You might actually be able to take a 386 Single Board Computer and program
>one.  It would be overkill, but an elegant one-off design might cost more
>in single-quantity parts than a mass-produced SBC would...  (Hmm, I don't
>know if there are any mass-produced SBCs that would have both IDE and SCSI.)

Wouldn't you have a terrible time getting a SCSI chip (that was meant to be
an initiator) to be a target?

I mean, I assume the SCSI chip designed for a motherboard wouldn't quite
work as well on a drive. Am I wrong in this?
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/