Subject: did lseek recently change?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/1997 22:58:35
Did lseek recently (between 1.2 and maybe a month ago) change to
reject attemps to seek to negative addresses?  The lastcomm command
started printing "Invalid argument" when it was done when I upgraded
from 1.2 to current; at first I thought it was a binary/kernel
mismatch, but it persists even after everything is freshly built.  I
have identified the problem; a poorly-thought-out loop tries to seek
to one "struct acct" before the beginning of the file before
processing the first (earliest) record, and I've sent a PR with a
suggested fix.  But lastcomm hasn't changed since December 1995, so
I'm curious as to why this suddenly started failing.