Subject: KerberosIV setup instructions?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1997 11:17:59
I realize this is slightly off-topic, but please bear with me...

Does anyone have a usable beginners' guide to setting up a KerberosIV
server (i.e. the one in the 'domestic' part of the tree)?  I'm not sure
how to set up the various databases and users, and the man pages in the
tree don't seem to have any info about administration, just end-user docs.
A few web searches only came up with pages about Kerberos 5, which is
different enough that it only confused me further.

I don't really care about Kerberos specifically, but I'd like to have some
way to telnet to my machine without sending cleartext passwords across
the internet, and the telnet clients I use have Kerberos support already.

Any pointers or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                         monroe@pobox.com