Subject: Digital Storageworks RAID
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1997 15:14:35
Is there any chance of getting this RAID
Storageworks from Digital SWIRA-CF with
a PCI Raid controller to work under NetBSD ?
It has drivers for HPUX (hppa), Novell (i386),
NT (i386) and as far as I know also for Sun (sparc).

If not does anyone know whether I will be able to
use the existing RAID-tower with some other
controller or black-box to get working with
some type of RAID-5 (preferable hardware-raid, but
software would do (i.e. ccd)) or not.

If NetBSD doesn't support it does FreeBSD,
BSDI or Linux support it ?

I'm trying to replace our Novell 3.11 which
is falling over multiple times a day with
something more reliable and was hoping to
use Samba instead of Novell 4.1.

Cheerio
	Andrew
--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=netbsd.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"