Subject: Re: shared libbfd
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/1997 13:28:10
> I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been working on making a
> shared libraries for bfd, iberty, etc. (using BSD-style makefiles).
> [BTW, it's almost working - libbfd.a works, but libbfd.so fails...]
>
> Anyway, I've never heard that "libbfd+libopcodes+libiberty" were
> normally installed as a single library.  Where can I learn about
> the "standard" way to package those up?  (if there is such a way)

"The makefiles" and/or "the make process" is the only answer that I
can give.

I configure the toolchain (for the Alpha) with:

./configure --enable-shared --enable-commonbfdlib

I seem to recall discovering at some point that using both of those
--enable options was necessary to get a working shared library built.

chris