Subject: make depend for sparc II; re: genassym.sh
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@MR.Net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1997 21:19:42
	Me again. A coworker just gave me a "duh, add sys/types.h to the
	sparc genassym.cf file since it needs the defines in types.h..."

	OK, so I commented out the zs ifdef that was causing the
	unbalanced endif whined about in my last message, added an
	include <sys/types.h> to the top of the sparc/sparc/genassym.cf
	file and NOW everything works fine...

	WHY!?!?!

	I uncommented the zs stuff in the .cf file and the awk invokation
	from kern/genassym.sh hurled core... So I commented out the
	ifdef notyet stuff that should be ignored anyways again...

	What's going on? If the sparc/sparc/genassym.cf file needs a
	include <sys/types.h> file then why didn't other sparc people
	have problems? What's the deal with the zs lines with ifdef notyet
	tripping up the original attempt at genassym.sh?

	I installed todays mk files, remade make, did the make includes
	and make depend. Why would things work OK on other systems but not
	mine?

		-Rob