Subject: Re: troubles with nfs-server
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Oliver Paulzen <opp@sunday.muffin.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1997 12:42:10
Heya Frank!

On May 7, Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl> wrote:
> > The -noresvport option in the exports doesn't work proberly (I got
> > 'Bad export line' sometimes) but I used the '-P' option for the
> > FreeBSD's mount_nfs which is even suppost to be more secure :)
>
> You got that line _sometimes_ ? That seems rather strange. Are you sure
> your mountd source/binary is up to date?
Yes, it *was* really strange. The binaries are from the latest
-current snapshot for sparc, even the mountd.
The first time I inserted the -noresvport option I added the
-noresvmnt as well and got the error, then I left the -noresvmnt out
and got even an error. After some trials I inserted both again and it
worked %-)
Nevertheless it works with -P on client side more stable :)

Thanx
 oLLi

--
   opp@MuFFiN.Org       http://www.muffin.org/~opp/      +49-177-2009481