Subject: emacs' ange-ftp doesn't work with the ftp client in -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/1997 11:12:10
I just installed the March 24th 1.2D snapshot (i386) on a disk and was
trying some things out. I found that the ftp client no longer works
properly with ange-ftp in emacs. When I try to load a file with ange-ftp
(eg, C-x C-F /laine@blue:/tmp/xxx), I get the following messages in the
ange-ftp buffer:

     ftp> open blue
     open blue
     open blue
     Connected to blue.MorningStar.Com.
     220 blue.morningstar.com FTP server (Version 6.00) ready.
     Remote system type is UNIX.
     Using binary mode to transfer files.
     ftp>

and in the minibuffer window, I get this message:

	FTP Error: OPEN request failed: open blue^M

When I replace /usr/bin/ftp with the ftp from 1.2, everything resumes
working properly.

Can someone try this with the most recent current and see if it still
occurs? If not, let me know and I'll file a pr (or you can file one
yourself).