Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1997 20:04:11
> > > A solution might be that if you're subscribed to ANY NetBSD mailing list,
> > > you can post to all of them. You just get messages from the one(s) you're
> > > on.
> >
> > What about those of us who read the lists via newsgroups ?
>
> I think the way it works is that you post a follow-up to the newsgroup,
> and the news<->mailing list gateway mails it to the list. The gateway'd
> have to be on the mailing list anyway, so it'd work. I think.

But that completely defeats the purpose of only permitting list members
to post to the list, since anyone would be able to post to the
newsgroup, and hence to the list.

As it is, the newsgroups that carry netbsd lists tend to be unidirectional,
so I tend to read in news, then reply to list.

--
Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net> Voice: +44 181 371 1000 Fax: +44 181 371 1150