Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: None <ronald@demon.net>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1997 07:38:56

> > A solution might be that if you're subscribed to ANY NetBSD mailing list,
> > you can post to all of them. You just get messages from the one(s) you're
> > on.
>
> What about those of us who read the lists via newsgroups ?

I have been pushing the mailings I receive into a local news group
(that's why I let the world read news here) that does not get
propogated.  If the junk mail is cleaned up at the source, the news
group won't see them.

As far as closed E-Mail groups are concerned, doesn't that have the
inherent danger of leading us into "groupthink" mode?  No new questions,
no new misinterpretations that lead us to discoveries we would have
thought of?

Just a thought.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom