Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: Markus Illenseer <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1997 12:14:44
On Mon, 5 May 1997, Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  This would also be usefull for other things: REAL closed mailinglists.
> Mails from anybody not subscribed to a list would not be able to
> write into the list - with the effect that you need to subscribe
> yourself several times for each account you are going to use to mail
> into the list.

Though we might need to go to closed lists, there's one problem I see with
them. If someone cross-posts a message to lists I'm on and ones I'm not
on, my reply can only go to the one(s) I'm on. We can get a real
disjointed thread this way.

A solution might be that if you're subscribed to ANY NetBSD mailing list,
you can post to all of them. You just get messages from the one(s) you're

Take care,