Subject: Re: Mail AutoResponder: here's the info you requested
To: None <markus@core.de, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1997 13:03:05
In article <199705051715.TAA27018@beaver.core.de> you write:
>  This would also be usefull for other things: REAL closed mailinglists.

I believe Majordomo can already do that, but that it's not being used in
this case...

> Mails from anybody not subscribed to a list would not be able to
> write into the list - with the effect that you need to subscribe
> yourself several times for each account you are going to use to mail
> into the list.

...because of just this reason: it's a real problem for those who read
the lists via local exploders or mail to news gateways. Much as I hate
spam, I'd rather put up with a couple spams now and then rather than be
forced to change how I read the lists.

The worst part of spam, after all, is the annoyance factor.  Annoying
the legitimate readers as a solution doesn't make sense to me.  Let's
punish the spammers, not the legitimate users!