Subject: m68k users README: compiler change
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1997 09:57:33
[ Sorry for the m68k-specific content, but I wanted to make sure to
  reach all m68k users who run -current... ]

Folks... yesterday, a few alignment-related changes were made to
the m68k compiler backend to (a) fix a bug, and (b) improve performance
in certain cases.

Unfortunately, this caused the compiler to pad-out some parts of
"struct trapframe", the hardware-generated structure pushed onto the
stack in exceptional conditions.  Obviously, this is something you
don't want to have happen.  The symptom is an endless stream of:

Process (pid 1) got signal 11

If you update your compiler (which you will have to do in order to
compile some things that include <sys/socket.h> now, due to enforced
alignment of the "struct sockaddr"), _please_ make sure you update
sys/arch/m68k/include/frame.h.

If you run into trouble, please send a bug report with send-pr(1),
and we'll get to is as quickly as possible.