Subject: Re: random number generation...
To: 'current-users@netbsd.org' <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Davyd Norris <Davyd.Norris@fcollins.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1997 08:19:04
Jukka Marin wrote:

> On Fri, May 02, 1997 at 07:06:06PM +0100, Graham, James wrote:
> > Someone mentioned that during dry spells in the SFBA we'd
> > have no access to random numbers (based on the rain theory).
> >
> > To which I respond: "poppycock".  If a lawn sprinkler isn't sufficiently
> > random for you (especially my lawn sprinkler system:-), well...
>
> Yeah, easy for you, but how about us who live in a place that has snow
> and temperatures below the freezing point for several months of the year?
> ;-)

If you are looking for random noise, just try this mail thread ...

He He He :-)

I mean ... guys, folks, people, non-gender-specific-designations ... I
thought we were all computer professionals ...

... and yet not one of you has suggested a cup of hot tea for some
Brownian motion - what is the world coming to when geeks don't even
remember their HHGTTG.

L8R,
D.
--