Subject: Re: weird link required, please help?
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1997 20:12:59
> Then foo1b.o has only the listed symbols visible; everything else was
> made local by localsym, then stripped by ld -x -r.
>
> localsym works only for a.out files, at present; anyone who cares to is
> invited to make it work for elf.  Since I don't currently run any ports
> that use elf, I have neither incentive nor opportunity to do it myself.
>
> Anyone who would like a copy of localsym is invited to contact me
> directly; it's available only by mail from me at the moment.

Actually, the 'crunch' tools ('crunchide' in particular) include the
capability to do this sort of thing as part of their normal operation,
but I dunno if that's seperable from the rest of what they do.

They've already been made to work with ELF, though not with ECOFF
(though there are no NetBSD ports which still use ECOFF, if i recall
correctly).

chris