Subject: Re: Any ISA bus ISDN cards supported?
To: None <khym@bga.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/1997 07:18:48
> What ISDN hardware does that support? I saw a driver for the Teles board
> on that ftp site; is that the only card currently supported?

The current version supports nearly all cards based on the Siemens chipset
(ISDN Subscriber Access Controller (ISAC-S) PEB2085 and the High-Level Serial
Communications Controller Extended (HSCX) SAB82525), which includes the
Teles, AVM and Creatix passive cards. Work is on the way for other cards (Dr.
Neuhaus, old active Diehl ones, which do support NI-1 by itself) and rumors
say someone in the states is working on protocol support for the passive
cards as well. But don't quote me on that...

Please note: currently installing ppp over ISDN for the first time is a real
pain with BISDN (various patches needed) and a new release, which will fix
this, is coming, but NOT real soon now.

Martin