Subject: Re: Sensing disconnected modem
To: Rick Byers <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1997 23:49:00
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Rick Byers wrote:

> Thats what I figured, but then cu refuses to access the line.  I like to
> be able to talk directly to the modem so that I can login to the modem
> server if something has screwed up so that PPP doesn't work (it's
> happened).  Any ideas how I can convince cu to run on a line without CD?

Did you set up /etc/uucp/ports correctly? I have no troubles with cu or ppp
on my systems.

If you can't get it working, send me private e-mail and I'll send
you copies of my settings.

Curt Sampson		Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'