Subject: 32-bit LANCE (ILACC) support
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/1997 10:28:22
Is there driver code which supports the 32-bit
LANCE-like network chips?
There is at least 1 chip (the 79c900 "ILACC")
which cannot be handled with the existing
am7990.c. Other chips (PCI and VLB types)
can be switched into 32-bit mode, and it would
probably save some headache (the 16M DMA
limit) if it would be done.
I just got the ILACC working (in a m68k VME board).
There is a different buffer descriptor format which
requires special treatment at many places. So there
could be a performance problem if the 32bit-support
was integrated into am7990.c. (The whole portions
dealing with descriptors at run-rime could be indirected
instead...)
I don't have documentation for the ILACC itself
(I extrapolated from other manuals).
So can anybody point me to a description or at least
tell me how to get rid of the start-of-tx interrupt
(setting bit 2 in CSR4 didn't work)?

best regards
Matthias Drochner