Subject: More docs on ipnat needed!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/1997 09:22:46
Is there any more documentation beyound the (hmm, "tiny") man pages?

I tried using ipnat to hide a small internal network and can't get
it to work. Do I need to activate ipf with "ipf -E" to be able
to use ipnat?

I have one simple rule to test things:

map ppp0 ->

This should map one single host to its official ip number (ppp0 is the
outgoing interface to my ISP). This doesn't work at all. ipnat -s shows
this rule, but never any active connections.

What I realy wanted to do is: map this numbers on any interface  (besides the
one to the internal network) I have on my outside router. So I tried:

map ppp0 ->
map ed0 ->
map ipi0 ->

This is not allowed. I tried it the other way round: map
to on the interface to the internal network. This doesn't
work either (probably because is within the subnet of the ed0
interface, and so the packets hit the ethernet with their original address
and not the NAT)

Any pointers to docs or hints realy appreciated...