Subject: Re: Danger: Hardware Recommendation Request
To: Davyd Norris <Davyd.Norris@fcollins.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/1997 09:52:45
On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Davyd Norris wrote:

> I am just supping the last -current source and am going to try one last
> time with the changes to the pci stuff posted in recent days.

Actually, the changes committed on 1997/01/10 seemed to break more
than they fixed. My HP drive (which I think has a somewhat messed-up
tag system, and is often not happy with the NCR controller) simply
wouldn't run with that, whereas before that set of updates it ran
just fine. (I've been meaning to debug this for about two months
now.)

My recommendation, if you're going to go with the NCR cards, is
test them first, and be prepared to ditch them if you see problems.
Also, be prepared to try out different versions of the driver.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates