Subject: Re: Why is ifconfig.ae0 better than hostname.ae0?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@connect.com.au>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1997 14:48:59

> I intend to ``scope out'' if people would also like the ability to set
> the hostname, domainname, and default router in /etc/rc.conf as well,
> as an alternative (not replacement) for /etc/{myname,defaultdomain,
> mygate}. See more on tech-userlevel.

Add aliases and I'd be happy.  I'd rather not see this functionality
added to the rc.conf file.  It is 'C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI' enough that
anyone can use it.  Adding additional complexity would only muddy a
clean, simple interface.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom