Subject: Re: procedure to upgrade to -current from 1.2.1
To: c5666305 <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1997 19:13:27
"c5666305" writes:
> I am going to upgrade my system from 1.2.1 to current and don't know the
> proper procedure.  Is there anyone doing the same before ? if so, please
> tell me how to do it.  Thanks.

I am guessing you use an i386. You probably are better off, if you
use an i386 box, getting the tar files for the snapshot I made several
weeks ago rather than rolling your own. See

Don't bother with the installation scripts -- just untar the binaries

Make sure the -current generic kernel in that distribution works on
your machine before proceeding to do that, btw -- you don't want to
find out that you have a glitch the hard way.