Subject: Quarterly CD?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1997 18:56:10
A business acquaintance of mine has access to a CD-ROM writer.

He would be willing to put -current on a CD for anyone that wants it on
a quarterly basis for $24.95.  This would be (basically) whatever is
available on the mirror as of 00:00 on the first of Jan. Apr, Jul, Oct
of each year for as long as there is interest.  This is not the same a
some type of released package; it's simply a way to save disk space.
The idea I had was to include instructions on how to mount it through a
union FS, then sup against it until the next quarterly disk.

The current plan is to include basically everything in the last official
release and the -current tree on the disk, as well as maybe the
tarfiles.

If anyone is interested, let me know.  I can either work the deal for
you or you can talk directly to him.  Makes no difference to me.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom