Subject: Re: -current kernel hasn't been compiling
To: Gary Timuss <gtimuss@sirius.UVic.CA>
From: Dave Huang <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1997 11:06:52
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Gary  Timuss wrote:
> For the last 5 months or so, I've been unable to compile a kernel.  I'm
> seeing the following.  Config attached.  If someone has some ideas, please
> let me know.
> P.S. this is the third time I've sent this to the list, and nothing has
> ever got back to me (including my message, apologies if somehow you've
> already seen this).
> > /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/PROZAC prozac# make
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > machine/intr.h:78: warning: `splraise' defined but not used
[ a bunch of other warnings deleted ]

Oh yeah, I've gotten that before, but forgot about it... I was trying to
compile a kernel with -g and without -O2. Apparently, compiling without
optimizations makes it break, but I don't know why.

INet:   |   they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++