Subject: if_media changes to Etherlink 3 (3c509, 3c59x, 3c90x) committed
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1997 16:54:50
I just committed if_media changes to sys/dev/ic/elink3.c and elink3reg.h.
This change adds if_media support for changing the active media via
``ifconfig media XXX'', and removes *all* support for the older,
deprecated, ``ifconfig link[01]'' mechanism.  It has been tested
and seems to work on:
	3c595 (100Mbit)
	3c595 (10baseT)
	3c509B (10baseT)
	3c509B (10base2)

Note that 10base5 (AUI) hasn't been thoroughly tested, but should work.

As I noted a week ago, if you're tracking -current and use 3Com Etherlink
III-family devices, you will need to install an up-to-date
/sbin/ifconfig and change your /etc/ifconfig.ep? (or hostname.ep?)
files to use if_media *before* installing a kernel with this change.

If you run into any problems, send a PR and please CC: it to me.