Subject: DES contest
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1997 13:17:03
Anyone who wants to put his/her machine into use, might want to look at - and probably e-mail the team and ask for
NetBSD binaries.  I have already asked them for the source so I could
build the client for NetBSD/Sparc and /i386.

I would be extremely interested in hearing performance numbers of various
machines / motherboards running NetBSD.  My Cyrix 6x86 machine seems to
be very slow and I'm quite sure the problem is in the cheapish motherboard.
(I get around 171000 keys / second when the machine is almost idle.)

Yes, I know - this doesn't belong in here.. I just wanted to let you all
know about the contest (I have 4 NetBSD machines running the BSDI binary
at the moment).

Sorry for the noise. :-)

                     ---> <---