Subject: Re: Alpha Multia - worth it?
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1997 16:43:06
On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Brad Salai wrote:

> As for the speed, I believe it is like a Pentium 75 or 90. I know that Linux
> runs on it, I've seen that, and I think NetBSD supports it.
>
> I lusted after one of these for a while when a local guy was offering one
> for $400 with no memory or disk, but I've come to think you can get a more
> versatile, faster machine by going the x86 route.

The good things about these machines is that they are cheap, fast, have PCMCIA
support, and really fast graphics. And they're TINY.

Check misc.forsale.computers.workstation, there are usually several for sale
much cheaper than $800.

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |